Shopping is a total joy… and a total curse! Sometimes going shopping for exciting new buys can be a lot of fun, but let’s face it: shopping sprees can take a real toll on your wallet.
That’s where this amazing trick comes into play. Did you know that if you buy the right stuff at the right time of the year, you could actually be saving yourself a fortune?
Here’s what you’ve got to buy—and when you have to buy it—if you want to save big from one month to the next!
1. January: One of the best things to buy in January is a brand new TV. The Consumer Electronics Show (CES), which also takes place in January, is where new models will be announced—meaning older models will be available at a discount.
You should also definitely join a gym in January. Most places are looking to drum up new business for folks making New Year’s resolutions. You can usually get a great deal, which might include a waived initiation fee.
2. February: The month of February is the best time to go out and buy a mattress. Mattress sellers know couples prefer to buy beds when they can try them out together, making President’s Day weekend—which many people have off from work—the perfect time to set up a sales event.
Another great thing to buy in February is jewelry. A lot of retailers over-buy stock when it comes to getting ready for Valentine’s Day, but if you wait until after the 14th, you can get discounts of up to 80 percent on most jewelry.
3. March: If you’re looking for deals in March, then look no further than the local luggage store in your area. Retailers know that people are sick of winter and already planning their summer vacations.
March is also a great time to invest in exercise equipment for your home if you plan on working out. With swimsuit season on the horizon, retailers are more likely to cut some pretty good deals.
4. April: One of the best things to buy in April are tools to use around the house. Places like Home Depot often run serious sales knowing that this is when most people start to stock up on what they might need for their springtime home improvement projects.
Another great thing to buy in April are sneakers! Because people start spending more time outside this time of year, sneaker stores offer major deals to help you get going on the path to wellness.
5. May: According to Consumer Reports, if you are having a baby (or already have one) and you need to stock up on gear, you should go shopping in May when many retailers are selling their baby goods at a much lower rate.
May is also a great time of the year to buy a new refrigerator! It might sound strange, but it all adds up when you learn that new models are released in the summer. Fridge sellers are looking to clear out their stock!
6. June: Since the summer is officially here with June, you’ll find great deals on all things relating to camping. From tents to backpacks and other gear, you’ll be sure to find exceptional bargains.
June is also traditionally known as wedding season, which means that if you’re looking to pick up some new cookware or silverware for your kitchen, you can probably find it at a really low rate!
7. July: If you are looking to catch some serious savings in the month July, it helps to be an Amazon Prime member. You can celebrate “Prime Day” this month, when hundreds of items are available for insanely lowered prices.
If you’re in the market for new furniture, July is definitely the time to head to the store. New stock makes its way into stores in the month of August, so retailers are looking to clear out their old inventory before then. You can likely score a bed so comfy you’ll feel like you’re floating away.
8. August: Most technology retailers release new products in the fall, so you can usually get a deal on last year’s models in August. Unless, of course, you’re an Apple fan. Apple only announces their new stock in the fall, so don’t make plans to save there.
Grilling season doesn’t just end when the summer does, even though stores are preparing for fall. Shop in August to score big on a grill and still enjoy it for a couple more barbecues in the back yard.
9. September: The best time of year to buy plane tickets is 60 to 70 days before you plan on actually traveling. Got plans for Thanksgiving? Start looking at air fare in September so you can find the best rates on all your flights.
Swimsuits are another thing you might want to stock up on during September. It might seem silly to buy summer gear in the fall, but you can bet you’ll get a great deal on stock that retailers are trying to clear out from the busy summer months.
10. October: If you need to buy a new pair of jeans, try to do it in October. By then, the back-to-school rush is already over, and you’ll be more likely to find a great deal on denim. (The stores will probably be a bit tidier, too!)
Patio furniture is another thing to keep an eye out for if you’re shopping for deals in the month of October. Sure, you won’t be able to use it right away, but think how great you’ll feel when spring finally arrives!
11. November: This is the month to shop if you want to pick up some new small appliances. If you’ve been holding out to buy a coffee maker, for instance, wait and see what Black Friday sales can offer you. It’ll make that morning java that much sweeter!
This is also a great time of year for you to buy a wedding dress! Bridal shops are very slow during this time, which is considered to be the final stretch before proposal season begins with the holidays. So, if you plan on tying the knot and you need a dress, keep that in mind!
12. December: If you’ve considered getting an in-ground pool installed, this is the time of the year to do it. Contractors prefer working in cooler weather. Plus, their schedules will likely be slower, meaning they’ll offer more deals to keep your business.
It is also a great time of year to buy toys for your kids. Not only will you nab the best buys for the Christmas season, but you can also grab other items to squirrel away and surprise your little ones on their birthdays without it costing you an arm and a leg!
There you have it! Keeping this information handy will make it easy for you to save a fortune on all the things you need to buy throughout the year. Now, it’s time to go shopping!
Share this post with your friends below!