When the weekend rolls around, most people’s prerogative is to be lazy. It’s understandable: they’ve spent all week at work, and they want to keep their Saturdays and Sundays as stress-free as possible.
While a lazy weekend at home is perfectly fine (and sometimes necessary), there might be other, more efficient ways to spend that time. If you’ve ever looked at the routines of highly driven individuals, they’re sure to stay productive while they relax so they can tackle the next week with confidence.
Here are 10 highly effective habits that successful people implement on their weekends to help them stay ahead of the game. Who knows? Maybe they’ll inspire you!
1. They set an alarm for the same time every morning: It’s very tempting to sleep in late on the weekends and continuously hit that snooze alarm, but disturbing your circadian rhythms leaves you feeling groggy and tired throughout the day. In turn, this will affect your productivity come Monday morning. So wake up early and start your day right!
2. They make sure they have “me time” each morning: Your mind performs at its peak during the first two-to-four hours after you wake up. Successful people take advantage of that time to do things for themselves. This could involve taking a long walk or even meditating. Whatever you choose, make it personal to you.
3. They schedule micro-adventures throughout the day: If you plan an activity that you haven’t done in a while, it gives you something to look forward to all week. This anticipation will improve your mood while you’re at work, so when the weekend rolls around, you’re ready to have some fun!
4. They pursue their passion: Indulging a passion is a great way to alleviate the stress of the work week, and it always leaves you feeling proud of your progress. Keep your mind open to new and exciting things, and you’ll reap the rewards the following week!
5. They disconnect from the online world: People who make themselves available for work every hour of every day are far more stressed than those who leave the tech-crazed world behind for 48 hours to relax. In order to fully recharge your brain, don’t subject it to a barrage of online commitments.
6. They minimize the amount of chores they have: When chores build up over the course of a week, they have tendency to completely take over your days off. Scheduling your household tasks throughout the week leaves your weekends open for some much-needed personal time.
7. They keep an exercise routine: Any doctor will tell you that exercising regularly is extremely important not only to your physical well-being, but your mental health as well. Getting the motivation to work out can be difficult, but once you start, the positive results are almost instantaneous.
8. They reflect on the week: A weekly reflection session is one of the most powerful tools for improving your mental state. Once you limit all of the distractions of your job, you’re able to see things from a different perspective. This will help you adjust your mindset and prepare for the days to come.
9. They spend time with family: There’s almost no one that appreciates your company more than your family members. Making it a point to carve out time with them is vital in order to maintain a positive outlook on life. Plus, catching up with relatives is always a fun way to spend your day!
10. They plan for the upcoming work week: Walking into work on Monday morning after a lazy weekend puts you in a lazy mindset. This mentality will eventually trickle into your work, and you’ll be nowhere near as productive. Creating a checklist of goals helps you to stay on track.
With practice, these habits will become a necessary part of your weekend routine, and in no time at all, you’ll be feeling happier and more successful come Monday morning!
Share these tips for success with your friends below!