Chances are that, when you walk into your local Starbucks, you know exactly what you’re going to order. The popular coffee chain features a pretty extensive menu, but it doesn’t change very much—and you probably already know your favorite drink.
However that all goes out the window when you leave the United States. Did you know that in different countries around the world, Starbucks offers all kinds of unusual, tasty drinks to choose from?
Here are just a few of the delicious concoctions that they are brewing up at a Starbucks not-so-near you! It’s enough to make you want to buy a plane ticket…
1. Sakura Blossom Cream Latte (Japan): Every year, Japan celebrates Sakura Matsuri, the season of the cherry blossoms. The Starbucks there got in on the act by creating a drink made with cherry petal syrup, condensed milk, and white bean paste.
2. Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino (United Kingdom): You’re going to want to hop across the pond once you hear about this drink. Its coffee jelly base is topped with a coffee Frappuccino. It’s like bubble tea, but without all those annoying bubbles.
3. Matcha Espresso Infusion Drink (Asia): Come for the colorful look and stay for the caffeine! This stunning drink combines green tea matcha powder with espresso for a jolt of caffeine that’s as tasty as it is energizing.
4. Butterscotch Brûlée Latte (United Kingdom): Take espresso, add caramelized butterscotch syrup, and you’ve got a drink that’s popular all over the world at every Starbucks you might find… except for ones here in the old United States. Le sigh.
5. Churro Frappucino (Latin America): Everybody’s favorite tasty, doughnut-like treat is now available in drink form—if you live in Latin America, that is! It’s made with cinnamon dolce and white mocha syrup for a sugary sweet delight.
Keep going for even more delicious Starbucks drinks…
6. Acai Mixed Berry Yogurt Frappuccino (United Kingdom): The best thing about this drink is how it tricks you into thinking you’re sipping something that’s good for you. After all, it is yogurt right? That, and then some: yogurt, sugar, tapioca pearls, and tons of sugary whipped cream.
7. Chocolatey Banana Cocoa Drink (Japan): Sure, the name itself might leave something to be desired, but the drink’s taste more than makes up for it. You can order this hot or cold and still expect to find chunks of chocolate and banana sponge cake.
8. Irish Cream Coffee Pudding Frappuccino (Asia): This one is coffee mixed with chocolate pudding that’s infused with Bailey’s Irish Cream. It’s (almost) too rich and too decadent to be believed. Who’s ready for an Asian adventure?
9. Cherry Pie Frappucino (Japan): Japan is really committed to taking its Starbucks drinks to a whole different level of awesome and tasty. This drink is essentially just an actual cherry pie that’s been deconstructed, put in a cup, and topped with a crust dome.
10. Salted Caramel Mocha Crumble Drink (Pacific Asia): While a version of this drink is available here in the United States, this one has one thing that ours just can’t beat: delicious salted caramels crumbles on the top. Yummy!
11. Lemon Ginger Fizzio with Mango Jelly (South Korea): Starbucks tried to make the Fizzio line happen here, but America wasn’t into their brand of soda. In South Korea, they can’t get enough of this one, which also features notes of apricot.
12. Avocado Yogurt Blended Drink (South Korea): How is this drink not huge in the ‘States? It’s nutritious and made with avocado, kale, low-fat yogurt, and coconut milk. While most of the other drinks on this list are desserts in a glass, this is one tasty treat that’s also super healthy.
13. Chestnut White Chocolate Truffle Drink (Pacific Asia): While there’s no real chocolate truffle hiding in this drink, it’s got plenty more tastiness to offer. It’s made with roasted chestnut, dark espresso, and it’s topped with white chocolate sauce and chestnut drizzle.
14. Double Chocolate Green Tea Frappuccino (Australia): They certainly know how to do coffee down under! This yummy drink combines the green tea Frappuccino with milk chocolate sauce, java chips, and green tea matcha powder.
Seeing this amazing list of what different offerings are available from Starbucks locations all over the world makes a person want to visit every country—one Frappucino at a time. There are so many cool and inventive choices to choose from!
Share these surprising drinks with your friends below!