It’s no secret that the A-listers we all know and love are living high on the hog. But all of us plebians may be wondering, what exactly does the hog look like, where is the hog, how can we get on the hog?! Well, the truth is, the price of a hog ride is steep, and a high, first-class seat is pretty well reserved for the elite.
Still, it’s only reasonable we should be able to at least peak at that greener grass. That Olympic-size swimming pool… tennis courts… indoor cinema. Clearly, the hard work of these celebrities have paid off in homes so magnificent you have to see ’em to believe ’em.
1. Oprah Winfrey: This mogul’s rags-to-riches legend is widely known, but maybe less known is what she is spending all that hard-earned dough on. Well, this 23,000-square-foot mansion in Montecito, CA nicknamed “The Promised Land” is just an example an Oprah home… one of 6 examples.
Jason Merritt/via Nimvo
2. Beyoncé and Jay-Z: Queen Bey and J are certainly putting their real estate love on top with this $85 million modernist mansion. Their Beverly Hills estate is so large, the garage can hold 16 cars!
Tom Ford / Ben Bacal Realty via Daily Mail
3. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith: The Smiths hired architect Stephen Samuel to build their 25,000-square-foot home in Malibu. For $20 million, you too can buy tennis and basketball courts, horse riding, and a private lake! What are you waiting for?
Pascal Le Segretain/Via Urban Splatter
4. Taylor Swift: To recreate that rural feeling she’s used to, the pop singer snatched this cool $17 million pad in Rhode Island. It’s so peaceful here, you can even hear the sound of the ocean waves crashing… though it probably helps they’re just outside the backdoor.
Frazer Harrison/Via Wondermika
5. Dwayne Johnson: The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood, so this Fast And Furious star can afford to have things exactly the way he wants. A $4.5 million South Florida home with a gym, swimming pool, and a massive home theater — check!
Matt Winkelmeyer/ via Pursuitist / Trulia via Daily Mail
6. Rhianna: Located in her native home of Barbados, Rhi Rhi’s pad boasts incredible ocean views, infinity swimming pools, and 24-hour concierge service. Basically, the perfect place to do anything but work, work, work.
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images for Fenty Beauty / Barbados Villas
7. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: The couple first bought this mansion for $20 million in 2014, fast forward 2 years and $10 million in renovations, and you’ll find yourself what can only be described as a ridiculously lavish K-West palace.
Jamie McCarthy/Sotheby’s International Realty via Haute Living
8. Britney Spears: There certainly is nothing toxic about this pop princess’ mansion. The 62,000-square-foot estate looked in the Thousand Oaks area of CA has separate guest wings and apparently an improbable amount of hot tubs. It seems super size can get dull after all, as Brit sold in 2017 for a casual $7 million.
David Becker/Getty Images for dcp / PacificCoastNews.com via E! Online / via Curbed
9. LeBron James: This sweet $9 million mansion has been the home of LeBron ever since he joined the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2003. Because of its aquarium, bowling alley, and private casino, we’re calling this home a slam dunk!
Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Sports Illustrated / YouTube/Air View Videos / Trulia via CNBC
10. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi: The 5,100-square-foot modern mansion is impressive in and of itself, but really with an outdoor kitchen, hot tub, and vistas like this, who is even thinking about going inside? No wonder Ellen is always dancing.
Christopher Polk/Getty Images for PCA / via Variety / via Variety
11. Jennifer Lopez: You may know her as “Jenny from the block,” but this Latina queen is doing anything but roughing it in her 14,000-square-foot Bel-Air mansion. She bought the home from Sela Ward in 2016 for $28 million and has been entertaining friends with her vineyard, amphitheater, and infinity pool ever since.
Frederick M. Brown/ Hilton & Hyland via Cottages & Gardens
12. Matt Damon: When this Bourne Identity star wants to get away, he skips on down to downtown Miami. Really, with amenities like a pool house, wine cellar, and your best friend Ben Affleck living right down the street, what more could a guy ask for?
Michael Loccisano/ via Maison Valentina
13. David and Victoria Beckham: Who doesn’t love this British power couple? What with homes in London and the Cotswolds, what’s really worth a look is their former Beverly Hills Villa. Sold in 2018 for $33 million, this Beckham turf was clearly a spicy goal for anyone who could afford it.
Anthony Harvey/ TheRumorFiles / Instagram/davidbeckham
14. Johnny Depp: In 2004 Depp purchased the 45-acre Little Hall’s Pond Island in the Bahamas for a piddling $3.6 million. Thanks to his character research for Jack Sparrow, he can probably write the whole thing off.
Jeff Spicer/ via NextHome
15. Jane Fonda: This Hollywood legend is rumored to be sitting on a cool $200 million in the bank, so it seems obvious that her home has some fab to flaunt. Her former Beverly Hills mansion, which sold for $8.5 million in 2018, boasted a home gym, media room and swimming pool.
Alberto E. Rodriguez/ Trulia
16. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt: In 2018, their Brooklyn townhome went up for sale for $6.5 million. With a 5,200-square-foot, 7-bedroom New York pad, it’s safe to say this duo isn’t doing too bad.
Alberto E. Rodriguez/ Sotheby’s International Realty via POPSUGAR
17. Steven Spielberg: It only makes sense that the most iconic director in Hollywood should have a home rich in cinematic history. Spielberg’s LA home once belonged to Cary Grant before he purchased it in the 1980s for $6.5 million.
Ian Gavan/ via Celebrity Homes / via Velvet Ropes
18. Barack and Michelle Obama: Certainly not as grandiose as their former residence at the White House, the Obama’s new 8,200-square-foot Washington, D.C. estate is still nothing to scoff at. With neighbors like Jeff Bezos living down the street, you know you’re not doing too bad.
Mark Wilson/ McFadden Group via Town & Country Magazine
19. Mark Zuckerberg: The man behind Facebook seems to prefer a more modest living situation. Though Zuckerberg’s Palo Alto home seems rather unflashy from the outside, the pool, pavilion, and spa certainly give the old place a bit of glam.
Taylor Hill/ via Gizbot
20. Bill Gates: The Microsoft founder bought a giant plot of land in the affluent neighborhood of Medina, Washington, in 1988. Seven years and $63 million later, “Xanadu 2.0” was born.
Chesnot/ via Tuko.co.ke
One celebrity in particular may outshine the rest on this list. Her lifestyle is the epitome of luxury, however, her long list of outlandish purchases may leave you wondering how she even has any money left!
We’re talking, of course, about the pop icon and self-proclaimed diva, Mariah Carey. Though Mariah surely has the talent and star power to justify her fabulous lifestyle, she takes “treat yourself” to a whole new level.
1. Doggie Spa Treatments ($45k/year): Imagine shelling out enough to buy a new car on doggie massages and facials. Well, Mariah Carey doesn’t have to waste time imagining, because that’s exactly what she spends yearly to pamper her beloved pups.
2. Flowers ($100k/month): Those close to the pop singer reported that she spends over a million dollars a year to have huge bouquets delivered to her, no matter where she is in the world.
3. Private Jet ($900k/week): Why spend $70 million to buy a luxury private jet when you can just rent one for just under $1 million a week? Carey adores traveling to and from her homes on this rental.
4. The Shoe Room ($$$): Carey’s massive shoe closet is rumored to hold over 1,000 pairs, all coordinated by color, style, and designer. Mariah’s collection could potentially be worth millions.
5. Beverly Hills Mansion ($35k/month): Mariah Carey newest digs–a Mediterranean-style, eight-bedroom mansion once rented by Nicki Minaj–is a steal compared to the others she’s owned…
6. Vocal Chord + Body Insurance ($70 million): It’s only natural to want to protect the very thing that made you so successful. Carey also took out a $35 million policy on her curvy figure as well!
7. Personal Lighting Crew ($$$): During a filmed radio interview in 2014, Mariah arrived at the studio with a full lighting crew, citing the fact that overhead lighting could sometimes be “abusive” and unflattering.
8. Private Yacht ($340k/week): Before their messy split in 2016, Carey and her then-fiancé James Packer rented “His and Hers” yachts while on a summer vacation. Carey’s yacht, Capri, came complete with two bars, a hot tub, a gym, a library, and a private chef.
9. The Plaza Athénée ($15k/night): Mariah Carey will only stay in the best hotels when she travels to Paris. Of course, it’s also no surprise that Mariah will only settle for the best room in the hotel, racking up a hefty bill for a stay in the Athénée’s premier suite.
10. Designer Slings ($$$): After injuring herself during a 2013 music video shoot, Carey refused to cancel her upcoming performances and instead took the stage in several dazzling arm slings.
11. Manhattan Penthouse ($9 million): Purchased in 1999, Carey’s Franklin Tower triplex includes four bedrooms, four-and-a-half baths, and bronze-inlaid limestone flooring. It even has a pizza oven!
12. Beauty Team ($85k/year): According to documents released by Carey’s record label, the pop star spends $65k on a personal stylist, $10k on a hair stylist, $7k on a makeup artist, and almost $3k on a manicurist.
13. Rolls Royce Phantom ($492k): Mariah dropped just under half a million dollars on a 2017 Drophead Coupe. The yacht-like sports car probably fit in well alongside her Maybach 62 ($400k) and pink Porsche Cayenne ($100k).
14. First-Class Dog Flights ($4k): While it may not be as pricey as some of her other purchases, forking over thousands of dollars to fly two of her dogs first class might be her most unusual. But, hey, anything for the fur babies, right?
15. Hotel Rooms…For Luggage ($15k/night): Not a fan of keeping her dozens of suitcases in her presence while traveling, Carey reportedly books penthouse suites solely for her luggage!
16. La Mer Cream ($6k/month): One of the most sought-after skincare products among celebrities, this youth preserve cream costs an unbelievable $2,095 for a single 16.5-oz. jar. Surprisingly, though, Mariah didn’t keep the product for herself; instead, the mother of two used it as diaper cream for her twins, Moroccan and Monroe.
17. Shopping Sprees ($$$): Mariah’s reputation for splurging is so well known that a Louis Vuitton once closed its doors to the public so she could have free rein over the entire store.
18. Backstage Demands ($$$): Apparently, Mariah requires eight “tall, leafy plants”, Jo Malone vanilla candles, two vases of white roses, and black drapes around the perimeter of space. Oh, and the room can’t be warmer than a balmy 75 degrees.
Mariah Carey / Instagram
19. Walk-In Closet ($$$): Mariah has one room dedicated entirely to her purses, and another two rooms for her collection of La Perla and Agent Provocateur lingerie.
20. A Surprise Gift ($34k): A lot can be said about Mariah Carey’s excessive spending habits, but there’s no denying that she can be generous when she wants to be. That’s why during a surprise party for her former manager, Stella Bulochnikov, Carey wheeled out a luxurious Louis Vuitton trunk as a birthday gift.