There’s no other time quite as exciting as vacation time! You work hard all year-round, and now it’s time for you to finally take a well-deserved break from the daily grind.
However, as relaxing as it is to be on vacation, booking that vacation is a different story entirely. With so many options online, booking a flight is supposed to be easier than ever—but the choices can make it so overwhelming.
Because of this, a lot of people employ tools like Google Flights to help them plan their vacations. Here are nine little-known hacks about the app that take the stress out of booking without costing you an arm and a leg…
1. Phone alerts: Did you know that you can use Google Flights to activate alerts sent to your phone about flights you’re interested in? That’s right! Instead of saving details to a website and constantly checking back, this feature brings all the notifications right to you.
2. Email alerts: If getting constant notifications sent to your phone is too much of an onslaught for you, there’s no reason to go totally without. When booking a flight through Google, you can actually turn on the price-tracking feature and get email alerts in order to save major cheddar.
3. Flexible dates: One of the best features that Google Flights has to offer is this flexibility chart. If your plans aren’t set in stone and you want to check out how to save a bit of money, use their flexible dates feature to pick the departure and return flights that work best for your budget.
4. Airport guide: If you’re traveling to or from a major metropolis like New York or Chicago, you’ve usually got more than one airport to choose from. Google Flights makes it easier to see how your choice in airport can affect the final cost of your ticket with this neat guide.
5. Explore the world: Do you dream of traveling the entire globe but dread the impact that kind of travel could have on your wallet? Then try Google Flight’s “explore” feature; this allows you to see where you can travel and how much it will cost you—with zero commitment.
6. Let them do the heavy lifting: The “discover” feature is perfect for the traveler who knows what they like, but isn’t sure where to go. All you do is enter in your dates of preferred travel, and then list your interests. Google, in turn, will give you a wealth of different places to check out.
7. Find dips in pricing: The “price graph” feature is a great way of figuring out when exactly is the best time to buy your ticket. It could be that the time you’re planning could cost you money! Let this feature remove the guesswork and save you some vacation money.
8. Date tip: If you’re interested in getting updates about your reservation that could save you money, pay attention to Google Flight’s “date tips.” These can offer you hints and tips to keep you from spending money that you don’t have to spend.
9. Top picks: If you’re in a rush and you don’t have time to scan all of the options that Google Flights provides to figure out the fastest, cheapest flight, you can always go with the top option. Google automatically selects this one as the most affordable and practical itinerary.
While online booking sites all offer different perks, they’re not always clearly spelled out for you. Hopefully, these Google Flights hacks will come in handy the next time you’re planning time off. Here’s to a mellow, easy, and affordable vacation!
Booking a flight can be such a hassle, and you never know whether or not you’re getting a good deal at all. These new features are definitely worth checking out!
Share these tips with your travel-savvy friends below!