It’s no secret that Hollywood’s biggest stars live in sprawling estates and drop-dead gorgeous mansions. After all, when you’re raking in a few million per year, it’s easy to put that money towards some prime real estate that enables luxurious living. But just how lavish—and pricey—some of these mansions are escapes us… until the home hits the open market.
That’s when we get to see the incredible value of these insane homes and the luxuries they offer. From massive estates in some of the most beautiful places in the world to more quaint and gorgeous penthouses in bustling metropolitan areas, these are the most incredible—and expensive—celebrity homes to ever hit the market.
1. Miley Cyrus’s country mansion ($5.8 million): She may have hopped off the plane at LAX, but Cyrus still had mad love for the countryside when she bought this Tennessee mansion. Nestled on 33 acres, the property rocks its very own mini-golf course.
2. Meg Ryan’s Manhattan condo ($9.4 million): The building holding Ryan’s 3,155 square-foot condo offers a 75-foot lap pool and a private garden. While you’re there, say “hello” to her neighbors, Harry Styles, Ryan Reynolds, and Jennifer Lawrence.
3. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher’s Santa Barbara beach house ($10 million): A few hours from their main Beverly Hills residence, the couple’s six-bedroom beach house is the perfect place for them to escape cameras… in both style and luxury.
4. Bruce Willis’s Bedford estate ($12 million): Gardens, outdoor entertaining areas, and 14 acres of property are just three of the endless perks Willis’s newest country home offers. The 8,000-square-foot residence has a climate-controlled wine cellar, too.
5. Mark Wahlberg’s Beverly Hills mansion ($12.995 million): It’s no surprise a home owned by Wahlberg boasts a 2,500 square-foot gym (complete with a boxing ring). But the 1.7-acre property also has a pool with a waterfall and a grotto.
Christie’s International Real Estate via CNBC
6. Reese Witherspoon’s Medieval Bel Air mansion ($16 million): Whoever bought Witherspoon’s fairy-tale home surely enjoys the beautiful views of the Bel Air Canyon and the pitched timber-framed ceilings. Who wouldn’t want to live here?
7. Matt Damon’s Brooklyn penthouse ($16.645 million): When Damon bought the penthouse of this former hotel, it marked the most expensive real estate sale in Brooklyn’s history. The penthouse has its own private outdoor space and used to be three separate suites prior to renovations.
8. Taylor Swift’s Rhode Island mansion ($17 million): Country crooner Swift paid cash for the 11,000-square-foot house that has access to a 700-foot swath of beach. The eight-bedroom mansion is perched atop the highest point in the town of Watch Hill.
8. Tyra Banks’s Battery Park City condo ($17.5 million): After buying the property for $10.1 million in 2009, Banks sold this condo—located along the Hudson River—eight years later for a healthy profit. Its wraparound windows boast views of the Statue of Liberty.
10. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick’s Manhattan townhouse ($18.25 million): It took three years for the couple to sell their Greenwich Village townhouse, which rocks a Juliet balcony. The couple even included this sleek ping pong table in the sale!
11. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Hidden Hills dream home ($20 million): Tucked away on 3.5 acres, the power couple’s home includes its very own vineyard. Does that mean Kardashian-West Wine will be making its way to a store near you?
12. Lady Gaga’s Malibu estate ($23 million): Amenities for this pop star’s Mediterranean-style villa includes a private bowling alley, a home theater, horse stables, a salt-water pool with a spa, a bocce ball court, and an ocean view!
13. Beyoncé’s East Hampton pond house ($26 million): Alongside Jay-Z, Queen B sold her Manhattan penthouse and opted for a costly 12,000-square-foot mansion with access to East Hampton’s Georgica Pond. That’s in addition to a swimming pool.
14. Joan Rivers’s Manhattan penthouse ($28 million): The 11-room, Upper East Side penthouse, located just off iconic 5th Avenue, sold to Middle Eastern royalty five months after the death of the beloved TV star.
The New York Times
15. Gwen Stefani’s Hollywood Hills mansion ($35 million): The No Doubt frontwoman’s 12,000-square-foot estate—which offers views of the San Fernando Valley—was once owned by Jennifer Lopez, too. Talk about star power!
16. Jennifer Anniston’s Beverly Hills estate ($38 million): After buying the 10,000-square-foot, five-bedroom home designed by the famous architect Hal Levitt for $13.5 million in 2006, Anniston redesigned the property and flipped it for a nice profit.
17. Demi Moore’s Manhattan penthouse ($45 million): Maybe it was the wraparound terrace providing views of Central Park and the New York skyline that made Moore’s penthouse sell for so much—but the 14 rooms didn’t hurt, either.
18. Ellen DeGeneres’s Holmby Hills home ($55 million): DeGeneres never intended to sell the house she shared with wife Portia DeRossi. Still, she couldn’t resist the offer made by tech savant Sean Parker, who thought it was the best house in Los Angeles!
19. Tom Cruise’s Telluride home ($59 million): Sounds like a steep price, no? But the house sits on 298 acres and boasts four bedrooms, sporting courts, private hiking trails into the mountains, and 1,600-square-foot guest house. No word yet on whether Cruise jumped on his living room couch…
20. Oprah Winfrey’s Montecito home ($90 million): Winfrey bought the 42-acre Italian-style property in 2001 in one of the most expensive private home real estate deals ever; years later, she bought adjacent properties, adding an equestrian ring and 23 acres!
These are some seriously lavish and expensive celebrity homes! Hey, with just a few hundred million, you, too, can move right next door to most of them…
Share these expensive celebrity homes with your friends below!